One of God’s most basic characteristics is creativity. Go and read Genesis 1. Yahweh Elohim has created the world ex nihilo, out of nothing. Genesis 2 gives us a picture of God as though He is on His hands and knees shaping and molding Adam out of the clay of the earth. What a wonderfully creative and complex creation the Divine Artist has made.
All I had to do was look at my parents’ grandchildren this Thanksgiving (and think of the ones who were far away).God has done His creative work nine-fold.
- Natalie: Works for Boeing in St. Louis, where she lives with her husband Ryan. She is a runner, an accomplished food-blogger, and a fantastic baker/cook.
- Julia: Is a nurse in the NICU at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis. She played college basketball, loves to read, and is an Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay Packers fan.
- Ashlyn: Graduated from college with a degree in theatre and will be moving soon to Orlando, Florida, where she hopes to perform for Disney.
- Ben: Is a singer/songwriter going to Belmont University majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies.
- Quinn: Is a high energy college basketball player, theologian, and die hard Green Bay Packers fan.
- Madi: Has excelled at running, theatre, and is one of the most compassionate souls I have ever known
- Renatta: Is a witty, intelligent, senior in high school, who writes far better than many college students I know.
- Clayton: Excels at both football and basketball, and is consistently a top student in his class.
- Libby: is a dancer, fashionista, and a girl with a heart bigger than most kids her age.
Better than all of that, each and every one of them lives a life of faith in Jesus as their Savior. Not only has the Creator created uniqueness in each of them, He has also created the gift of faith.
Take a look around. The Creative God spreads His creativity around.
How does the Creator show His creative hand in your family?
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.