Every so often as I scroll through my Facebook feed I’ll see a statement like this: “I’m so bored. I have nothing to do.” I think to myself: How can that be? Boredom hasn’t been a part of my life in years and years. I don’t even know how it’s possible to be bored. What must you be lacking if you are bored?
But let’s just say that you find yourself bored. What would you do? Here are 25 suggestions:
*Hint: If you click on the hyperlinks you might find a few surprises…
- Read the Bible.
- Set a goal.
- Do some research.
- Start a simple business.
- Create a blog.
- Write in a journal.
- Dive down a worm hole on the internet.
- Watch a movie.
- Go for a walk, jog, or bike ride.
- Write a handwritten note to someone.
- Get an early start on Christmas shopping.
- Help a friend.
- Get a head start on some work.
- Make a gourmet meal (even if you never have before).
- Learn Photoshop (it’s such a marketable skill these days!).
- Take an online class (cheap!).
- Volunteer at your church.
- Read a book.
- Curate a song list on Spotify.
- Organize your closet and donate old clothes to charity.
- Play a game.
- Create some art (poetry, painting, or drawing).
- Plant some flowers.
- Get together with a friend.
- Tell your mom you love her.
What would you add to this list?