Hands down, summer is my favorite time of year. I would have no problem whatsoever living in a place where it is summer all year long. No, I would not miss the seasons. No, I would not miss the snow. No, I would not long for cooler days.
I. Love. Summer.
Here are 25 of the reasons why I love summer (in no particular order):
- Wearing shorts every day.
- Sweating instead of freezing.
- The feeling of coming into an air-conditioned building from a hot and humid day.
- Mild and still summer nights sitting outside on the patio.
- Homemade sweet tea.
- Milwaukee Brewers Baseball.
- Riding my bike.
- No snow to be shoveled or mess up everything in sight.
- The July 4th Holiday.
- Al fresco dining.
- Significantly More daylight.
- Driving with the windows down.
- A nice clean car.
- My seats underneath Bob Uecker at Miller Park.
- Running without bundling up.
- A tan head. 😉
- Golfing 18 holes all the way until dusk.
- Gin and tonic.
- Cooking out.
- A breeze blowing through the house.
- Outdoor U2 concerts.
- My wife doesn’t have to work.
- Milwaukee is transformed into one of America’s premiere cities (…in the winter you can have it).
What would you add to this list of reasons to love summer?