The 24 Hour Christmas stations have already been going a couple of weeks. Christmas specials are on every night of the week. Christmas songs are playing in the stores.
It didn’t take me long to remember once again that there are certain Christmas songs and carols that I don’t ever have to hear again. If these songs would go away never to be played on a radio station or in a shopping mall again, my Christmas would be so much merrier.
- Any Christmas song sung by Elvis (Enough said)
- Silent Night (Yep. I know. Sacrilege.)
- Jingle Bell Rock (Any version; Jingle Bells is bad enough)
- Little Drummer Boy (Too much prrrrrumming)
- Santa Baby (What?)
- Sleigh Ride (Friends are calling “yoo hoo”?)
- The Twelve Days of Christmas (AAAAARRRRGGHHHH!)
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Really?)
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (I wish it would all melt)
- Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (I hope this song does)
Please don’t consider me a grinch. I just want a Christmas season that’s filled with classier Christmas joy.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.