Though it’s been a mild winter in our parts, this is one of the tougher times of the year for many…no matter the weather. The holidays are a distant memory. For those in the teaching profession this is the time of year when they haven’t quite come to the crest of the hill and headed downward toward summer vacation. Lack of sunshine in many areas crowds in on people’s psyche. New Year’s resolutions are already falling by the wayside.
I hope you’re not feeling that way. But if you are, I encourage you to take just a moment and consider these ten ways to appreciate today. Just today. As Jesus said, “Tomorrow will worry about itself” (Matthew 6:34).
- The fresh smell of toast in the house before you head out the door.
- A hug from someone you love.
- Working heat or air conditioning in your car.
- A laugh with a friend.
- A healthy lunch.
- A co-worker who leaves a cookie or candy bar on your desk.
- Late afternoon Diet Coke, tea, or coffee.
- Comfortable clothes and a warm sweatshirt when you get home from work or school.
- Reading the first few pages, or last few pages, of a book.
- Climbing into a soft, warm bed.
What are you appreciating today? Leave your response in the comment section below.