I may be a sap, but by the end of the following video I was crying. I dare you to watch it and not be moved by Caine…and what a big group of people did for Caine that made this nine-year-old’s day.
Caine is creative. Caine is persistent. Caine is Patient. Caine is imaginative. Caine has a supportive father.
Raising Caine must be a delight.
Watch this ten minute video and chime in on how and why (or if) it moves you:
(Email subscribers follow this link: http://youtu.be/faIFNkdq96U)
Here’s why this video moves me:
- As a child I was Caine, creating plays in our basement, go karts out of junk we found, space ships out of fallen trees, and carnivals to raise money for muscular dystrophy.
- It reminds me that we live in a different world. No one ever created a flash mob to come to one of my childhood creations. I was moved by Caine’s “success.” The internet is a powerful tool.
- Caine has a supportive dad. My parents were always supportive, too.
- Somebody sees “genius” in Caine and supports him by buying a “fun pass.” (Lord, help me to be supportive of creativity where I see it!)
- I am so happy for Caine that it moves me to tears. Did you notice that there is even a scholarship fund set up for him?