Dreaming every once in a while is good for the soul. It brings perspective. It provides the opportunity to set goals. It’s one way of stimulating creativity. A realistic dream just might put some wheels in motion that could potentially lead to the fulfillment of the dream itself.
When was the last time you allowed yourself the opportunity to dream? Do you even remember? Has it been too long?
Kids do it all the time. They dream of hitting the winning last-second shot of the NCAA tournament. They dream of being a Disney princess. They dream of standing on a Broadway stage or running for a touchdown in the Super Bowl.
Why should kids have all the fun? Adults need to dream occasionally, as well. So I took some time this holiday weekend to do just that. Here are ten things I dream of someday doing (and one or two of them have a realistic chance of actually happening):
- See Austin City Limits in person
- Travel around Italy in a rental car
- Go to the Masters Golf Tournament and sit at “Amen Corner” on Championship Sunday
- Watch the Milwaukee Brewers win a World Series game in person
- Drive a race car around an actual race track
- Write a book and have it published
- Go mountain biking in Yellowstone Park
- Sing backup in my son’s band just once
- Participate in Milwaukee Brewers Fantasy Camp
- Spend two weeks at a tropical beach house with family and friends
Now it’s your turn. What would your list of dreams include?
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.